Saturday, November 21, 2009

New York with Tyra: Iceskating at the Rockefeller Center

On Saturday morning I had to get up early. Tyra and me wanted to meet in New Year. My ride to New York takes about 1,5 hours. As we are not allowed to drive into New York with our rental cars, I parked it for free in Jersey City and took the PATH (train) into the City. As I had no traffic and Tyra was also lucky with Greyhound bus on time, we met almost on time. Before we made our way to the Rockefeller Center, we took a cab to Jörg's appartement, a friend of Tyra where we left some of our bags.
Then it was time to for Iceskating!!!!Tyra and me saw it in so many movies, so both of us wanted to do it once in a lifetime. We got our tickets and iceskaters and off we went on the ice for 2 hours.


It was soooo cool!!! And in addition we were witnesses how someone proposed to his girlsfriend in the middle of the ice rink!!!That was soooo cute and everyone started to cheer and applause.
The rest of the afternoon we spent strolling up and down 5th Avenue and doing some window shopping. Tyra also showed me Grand Central Station.
Our plan for dinner was meeting Jörg and eating out in a Mexican restaurant. It was very delicious and we had a good time together. Jörg invited us to a party of one of his friends but unfortunately I had to return to Philly this night. The reason for that was the Philly Marathon the next morning. My housemate Julien was running the Maraton and I promised him to come.

Watch more pictures on my digital photoalbum:

No comments:

Post a Comment