Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekends in Chestertown, Annapolis and Washington, D.C.

After such a weekend at the beach, I was longing for a more quiet weekend. On Friday afternoon, I drove to Chestertown, Maryland where I met with Ryan at his mom's place. After sleeping in on Saturday, we grabbed a coffee and made our way to Annapolis, Maryland. The capital city of Maryland is located at the Chesapeake Bay, south of Baltimore and about 29 miles (47 km) east of Washington, D.C.



It was a beautiful sunny day to walk around the city and with all the restaurants offering outside seating, it reminded me to a city in Belgium or in the Netherlands. Situated at the shore, this is a great spot to have fish or any other kind of seafood.



This was the first time of my life that I tasted oysters. For 28 years I managed to refuse these greasy things but Ryan just ordered them. Lucky enough, he ordered oyster shots and a baker's dozen with crackers. I have to admit, even though that it was a personal challenge for me,to swallow, I liked it.






One of Ryan's best friends was in town as well, so we meet with him and his wife. After a sushi dinner, we left the town and returned to Chestertown.

My destination for the following weekend was Washington. Ryan got some tickets for a icehockey game of the Washington Capitals.



The "Caps" were playing in the play-offs against the Montréal Canadiens. After the Flyers game in Philly, this was my second icehockey game and I have to admit that the atmosphere in the Verizon Center in Washington was much better than in the Wachovia Center in Philly. All the Caps fans were dressed in their red jerseys which was a great view.
We saw an extreme thrilling game and were rewarded with the victory with 6:5 after overtime. It was so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment