Friday, August 28, 2009

Farewell Party for 6 people

The lastest event took place last weekend, when we all the interns came together again to celebrate the farewell of 6 girls: Caro (my predecessor+housemate), Katha, Vici(my housemate), Christina, Saba and Gonca.



As almost every farewell party has a theme, this time the girls decided to leave their footprint with a 'Stars & Stripes' party. The party took place at our house and they managed to decorate our living with small American flags. Everyone went off the week to get some fancy stuff for the party but Bene was definetely the most creative (and spent probably the most money but this is also a great carnival costume!)



My biggest investment in addition to all the small accesoires were the red sandals that you can see on the picture...I love them!!!

Even though we celebrated the girl' farewell it was a very successful party. And of course, the farewell ceremonie took a bit longer as we had give away the farewell slides collection and the signed farewell flag to each of the 6 girls with a small speech. It happened that I had to give Katha her slides and her flag and I felt very happy to do it as we spent a good time together over the last 6 weeks.
This party was definitely much more emotional for me because 2 of the girls Caro (my predecessor) and Katha became close friends to me. But also new interns arrived and there already very nice people here and there will be new people to spend a good time with!

For more pictures, check: http://gerryg.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

No comments:

Post a Comment