Friday, February 05, 2010

New York Clubbing weekend

The idea about this weekend started off so harmless: Mona and Tim suggested to go for another clubbing weekend in New York as we already did it in December. This time, the M2 Ultra Lounge was hostuing Swedish House Mafia.
Once Mona posted the event on our internal internpage for all the interns, a good bunch of people signed in. In the end, we were 12 people heading to New York after work. We all stayed at the same hotel close to times square and got ready for the party night there.



We had tickets for Friday night and I have to say location wise that the Ultra Lounge is much nicer than the Pacha. The club was full but not crowded and everybody was excited to hear the Mafia. Additionally, we had another event coming up: It was Miri's birthday at midnight and so we could celebrate her in a special way that night. Finally, the DJ's made it to the turntables and rocked the house. It was an incredible atmosphere! Just the combination of music and light together with all the people dancing and freaking out!


We partied all night until 4 am when we felt tired and wanted to leave. It took ages to get our jackets and our whole group was divided because there was huge crowd messing around in front of the cloakroom. I ended up 1,5 later outside the club, totally tired and just one thing in mind: Getting to the hotel, as soon and convenient as possible! We wanted to grab a taxi but we couldn't get one. I was so desperate and exhausted that I didn't really care, when Martin opened the door of a black stretch limosine for me. I jumped in and told the driver that we stay at the Marriott close to Times Square. Both of us didn't have the correct address but we thought it might not be that difficult to find the Marriott where we stayed - I had no idea that there a some many Marriott hotels close by Times Square. Everytimethe driver stopped in front of the hotel we checked and then resumed: "Noooooooo that's not the right one.... maybe the next one..." That way, we just a little city tour through Manhatten in the limosine. For me, more and more the question was arising who would pay for that thing as I told Martin about 20 times that this not the taxi I would have takena and that I would pay for. But Martin, this funny, cool Bavarian-Korean mixed dude just assured everytime that all is fine and that he made a deal with the driver and that we would just pay the amount we would have paid for a taxi....Why did that still made me feeling comfortable??? Martin was talking to the driver as they were old friends and I just decided to enjoy the limo ride....After the 3rd Marriott hotel, the driver actually got the address of our hotel and head off there. As I realized that we really got closer to the hotel, I made Martin just clarifying once again with the driver the question about payment: "Sir... did I tell you I don't have any money left?" I think the driver didn't really like it, stopped by and let us step out of the vehicle just a few blocks away from the hotel. As I was sitting in the large back, I went out there without paying attention if or how much Martin was paying the guy. As Martin got out and the limo went off, I asked him how much he paid finally and he answered in his funny way: "I didn't pay him anything, he just threw us out of the limo...." Uh, what a surprise!!! Well, in the end, both of us got a free 30 min limo ride through Manhattan, riding from one Marriott to the other. I think, we arrived like 5.30am or something like that at the hotel. The others came in as well roughly about that time.


The last men (and ladies) standing met in our room to relax, calm down and exchange the stories of getting home. As we were all hungry, we decided to stay awake until 7am and get breakfast at the hotel. So at 7am, we went down, got some food and afterwards fell into our bed.

It doesn't make sense to make big plans for a group of 12 people in a city like New York. Therefore, everyone was doing what the felt like. Some people went to the museums, some explored the city and our room (Mona, Tim, Miri and I) just decided to sleep in, take our time, walk around Times Square, get a good coffee and chill out.
Actually, my plan was to go back to Philly by bus that night, as I had other plans for Sunday. I even had already bought the bus ticket a week in advance. But my whole plan didn't work out....Maybe some of you heard about that heavy snowstorm at the US east coast on that weekend...?? Actually, it was soooo bad that there were no buses running to or out of New York all day. The result was that I would stay for another night with the guys. The rest of the group planned initially to stay until Sunday anyway. And I have to say, even though I wasn't happy about that development first, it was definitely one of the best party night or better say, party weekends.



Saturday evening we went to a Thai restaurant to celebrate Miri's b'day again and then we decided to got to Nikki Beach Club. Some of the guys have been there before and recommended to go there. This club is awesome!!!! It is a small club but very loungy and fantastic music. I can just recommend to everyone who is up to a cool club night in a trendy atmosphere, should go there!



We partied all night and
left as one of the last ones. This time all of us just jumped in the taxi's and arrived at the hotel without any disturbances.
The Sunday brought nothing special for us. We slept in, checked out of the hotel, made our way to the car in Jersey City and then head home.

I think you get the best impression about this entire weekend, when you watch the pictures at my photoalbum:

No comments:

Post a Comment