Saturday, July 18, 2009

My first weekend

So this is the start of my whole America adventure... I arrived in New York at the JFK Airport on July 17, 2009. From there I took the bus down to the city and hopped on a Greyhound bus which took me straight to Philadelphia. On this 2 hour trip I got to know a really nice and funny American lady, her name is Babette. As we arrived in Philly, my housemate was supposed to pick me up but she was stuck in atraffic jam on the highway. The bus station in Philly didn't appear really safe for a young lady because there where a lot of beggers and other figures hanging around. So I went downtown with Babette because she lives there in appartment right in the city centre right next to the park. I left my luggage with the doorman and we went in a cool bar to wait. Finally Vicky arrived half an hour later together with Bill, my landlord and after a glass of wine we went 'home'. When we arrived here, my room was set up already and I just fell into my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment