Sunday, July 19, 2009

New York - Limo ride

The first weekend in the States was awesome!!!After I picked up my car with Vicky, one of my housemates, we shared the car with 3 other interns from Siemens and drove up to New York. As we arrived there, we went to Harlem where our hostel was. We quickly dressed up and rushed to the meeting point at Union Square. And there it was: A white HUMMER stretch limousine!


We were around 20 people, all international interns from Siemens.



When we entered, it was sooo wicked! Flashy lights all over, leatherseats, ice for the drinks and so on...I could not believe it.




The ride took around 3 hours and we had 3 stops. One was at the viewpoint for the statue of liberty, one was at Brooklyn Bridge and the last one at Times Square.



For me, everything was so unreal! My first day in the US and directly driving around in Manhattan with that limo, I couldn't really believe it. But of course we all had so much fun.



And a good point for me was also that I got know almost all interns on that night. It is great community, they organise a lot of trips and events together. After the ride we rocked the dancefloor in a nightclub.Really cool!
The next day was more lazy. After checking out, we went to the Central Park to chill around and about 5 it was time to go home. I was soooo tired that night because I could still feel the jet lag a bit. But this was just such an amazing weekend and that was just the start here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment