Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Halloween is almost there...All the scary trips have been made, so what is missing apart from getting a Halloween costume? Correct: Pumpkin carving!:DD
On that rainy Saturday afternoon, the 5 girls came to my house, all excited to carve a pumpkin the first time in our lifes...All but one: Gillian, one of the domestic interns with Siemens who is joining us for lunch and coffee breaks at work. As she is American and we came across that pumpkin topic a few weeks before Halloween, she volunteered to help and show us how to prepare the pumpkins.



We all had nice, large pumpkins and after cutting out the lid and removing all that disgusting, spiderweb-like inside stuffing and the seeds, we started to draw the fancy faces on the pumpkin.




Some more successful, me less...
:-/ I don't know where all my drawing skills went but they left me behind that day...So I ended up by carving out the little, friendly ghost, while the others were working on their more sophisticated art.



But this allowed me to cook the pumpkin soup while they were still working.




And Gillian? Apart from giving tips and instructions, she did a great job, removing the seeds from the net and baked them in the oven. A very delicious crunchy snack!

We all had great fun with that new experience and I think that all of us will remember that day once we will carve another pumpkin in our life.

Watch more pics on my digital photoalbum:

http://gerryg.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

No comments:

Post a Comment